- Why We Collect Your Information
- Information We Collect From You
- Information Collected by Third Parties
- With Whom Your Information May be Shared
- How We Keep Your Information Secure
- How You Can Keep More of Your Information Private
- Accessing the Information We Collect From You
- Visiting Our Website From Outside the United States
- Children’s Privacy Rights
- Contact Us
We collect information from you in order to:
- Deliver the information, programs, products or services you have requested from us
- Provide you with customer support
- Communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices about information, programs, products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or Service Providers, Licensed Providers or Corporate Affiliates
- Evaluate the effectiveness of NAAWP-USA INC. benefits and offerings
- Display advertising tailored to your interests or background
- Perform data and statistical analysis
- Enforce our terms and conditions, and perform any other functions otherwise described to you at the time you provide your information
When you join NAAWP-USA INC., we collect basic information such as your name, contact information, preferences and date of birth. We collect information about your participation in NAAWP-USA INC. activities, including member services and discounts obtained by using your membership card.
NAAWP-USA INC. also collects information on our website. We collect both information that identifies you as a particular individual (“personally identifiable information”) and anonymous information that is not associated with a specific individual (“non-personally identifiable information”). When you visit our website, some information may be collected automatically as part of the site’s operation. We also collect information we receive from you during online registration and when you complete other forms. In the following sections, we explain in more detail the types of information we collect online.
- Your browser type and language, and operating system
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area
- The times that you visit our website
- Information about areas of our website you visited
- The sites you visited immediately before and after visiting our website
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within our website
- Unique identifiers when using a mobile device, including mobile device identification numbers
- Information that can identify the physical location of your mobile device in accordance with applicable law and industry guidelines and best practices. We will seek your permission before we identify the physical location of your device and before we engage in any continuous tracking of your device’s location.
- Information collected through cookies, Web beacons and other technologies
- A “cookie” is a piece of information a website sends to your computer while you are viewing the website that allows the site to recognize your computer each time you visit. You have the choice to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you whether to allow us to send you cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies from us, your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited, such as our tools and other online features.
- Web beacons (sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs or Web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a way for us to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a Web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed.
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded
- Upon request for assistance, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer
- Standard server log information
Information you provide directly to NAAWP-USA INC. through our website. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit our website. However, in order to help us better serve you, we may ask you for information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact us through our website, including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number and mobile number
- Payment information
- User name, password, and password-reminder questions and answers
- Age and date of birth
- Other demographic information, such as gender, employment information and ZIP code
- Information for a public profile, such as your interests, your profile photo, personal updates and descriptive information that you provide, and the address of your Facebook page, LinkedIn profile, Twitter, Pinterest or your website
- Communications preferences, such as which emails and newsletters you would like to receive
- Search queries
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular site or service
- Correspondence you send to us
- Information collected about you offline (including via fax, mail and in person)
- Other information that may help us to provide customized content or advertising
Information we obtain from other sources. We may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices and third-party services), from Service Providers, Licensed Providers and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address and telephone number
- Demographic data, such as age, gender and income level
- If you access third-party services (such as Facebook Connect) through our website, your username and password for those services and other information available about you on those services
- Your interests and purchase behavior
- Publicly observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos and other online postings
- Other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on
If you stay logged in to your social media accounts, log-in to our website using your social media account, use a “like” button or use other social media features while visiting our website those social media companies may collect information about you. Your interactions with social media companies and the use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies who provide those features.
NAAWP-USA INC. is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom your information may be shared.
Your information may be shared with:
- Social Media Advertising Networks. We may share information about you with social media networks to allow for the delivery of customized advertising about products and services that you may be interested in. We provide this information to the social media network so they can deliver the ad to the right social media user. The delivery of customized social media ads, and your ability to opt-out of receiving those ads, is governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies who deliver customized ads to you.
- Licensed Providers. Licensed providers are third parties who make available special NAAWP-USA-branded discounts, products or services. Some of the licensed providers of NAAWP-USA-branded products and services, including many of those listed on the Member Benefits page on NAAWPUSA.com, pay a fee for access to our membership list. These fees are used for the general purposes of NAAWP-USA. Licensed providers are required to keep NAAWP-USA member information confidential, and to use the information only to offer the contracted products or services to NAAWP-USA and NAAWP-USA members. Some of our licensed providers may also collect data about our members through their interactions with the members. The licensed providers may share some or all of this data with NAAWP-USA so that we may make available more effective and personalized service to our members. We may share information including personally identifiable information collected with Licensed Providers, even if you are not an NAAWP-USA member.
- Corporate Affiliates. We may share information including your personally identifiable information with wholly or majority owned affiliates or other affiliated organizations, such as NAAWP-USA Foundation, NAAWP-USA’s charitable affiliate, so they can provide you with information about services and programs that might interest you.
- Approved Vendors. We may share your information including your personally identifiable information with companies we hire to provide certain a services such as sending mailings, improving advertising services, providing member benefits and managing databases or other technology.
- Selected Nonprofit Organizations. We may occasionally engage in “list exchanges” with selected nonprofit organizations in which we may share your information including your personally identifiable information.
- Aggregate Data. We may share aggregate statistics and other non-personally identifiable information with the media, government agencies, advertisers and other third parties. These aggregate statistics will not allow anyone to identify your name or other personally identifiable information.
NAAWP-USA May Share Your Information With Other Third Parties:
- Pursuant to Legal Requirements. NAAWP-USA will disclose your personally identifiable information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
- To Protect Our Website and Users. We will disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our employees, our website users or others; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In Connection With Business Transfers. We may share your personally identifiable information as required by law, such as in response to a subpoena or court order or in the unlikely event of a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of NAAWP-USA or our affiliates, a merger, consolidation, asset sale or bankruptcy.
NAAWP-USA uses commercially reasonable physical, procedural and technological security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of the information we collect about you. For example, only authorized employees and authorized third parties are permitted to access personally identifiable information, and they may do so only for lawful purposes. When we share aggregate data with third parties we prohibit them from reengineering nonpersonal data to permit identification of individual users. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information. However, no website or Internet network can be completely secure. Although we take steps to secure your information, we do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches or other communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
You have options for limiting who can see your information:
- If you choose to share contact information with us, you will have the opportunity to update or delete that information or to shut down your account by clicking here.
- You may request to stop receiving email communications from us by unchecking the Mailing List Subscription checkbox in your acount details. Please note that if you opt out of receiving communications from us, you may continue to receive material from Service Providers, and/or other parties to whom we provided your information before processing your request to opt-out of communications. You will need to directly contact those third parties in order to opt out of receiving such communications. You also may opt out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of those third party emails.
Do Not Track: NAAWP-USA is in favor of the development of a Do Not Track standard that gives consumers control over the collection and use of web browsing information. When such a standard is finalized, NAAWP-USA intends to respond to Do Not Track browser settings accordingly. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Not_Track for more information. For information about how to opt-out of the customization of advertising by ad networks on NAAWP-USA web sites, you can visit here. Even if you opt out of the sharing of information for the purpose of customizing ads to your interests, NAAWP-USA may continue to collect and use such information for other purposes.
You may also opt out of communications or information sharing by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing us at NAAWP-USA INC. 2559 Precision Drive Unit 2, Minden, NV 89423
If you would like to review and/or request changes to the personally identifiable information that we have collected about you, please contact us by:
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Writing us at NAAWP-USA INC. 2559 Precision Drive Unit 2, Minden, NV 89423
If you ask us to delete your information, it may take up to 12 weeks to complete this process. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
NAAWP-USA is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of our website may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our website or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and in the United States.
Our website is not intended for use by children under age 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under age 13.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at NAAWP-USA INC. 2559 Precision Drive Unit 2, Minden, NV 89423